How to Become a #GoalDigger
A good friend of mine, Melody Latrice, enjoys running as one of her hobbies. Yes, ladies, she runs on purpose! She often uses the social media hashtag #GoalDigger when she posts photos after her runs. She is a remarkable woman with a goal to intentionally live her life fully committed to living life with tenacity!
2017 is HERE! With a week almost behind us, what will you do to stand out as a #GoalDigger? God is such a God of a second chance! A new year brings new opportunities that provide goal setting moments, sweet spaces in time where you can become a Remarkable Woman who is a #GoalDigger in your own life! What are your goals for the new year? Who are you committed to becoming? In what areas do you desire to grow? What will it take to get you from doubting to dreaming to activating your life with a clear set of your goals in front of you?
1 Corinthians 9:24 ESV admonishes us to keep goal setting in front of us: “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.”
The goal of running the race is the win the prize. For us, the prize is living a remarkable life, full and overflowing to the brim! To do so, we must make goal setting a part of our life, business, and even ministry.
What to become a #GoalDigger? Here are a few life-changing tips to help you run your race well:
- Set Goals that are Specific and Realistic. Make them clear by naming them, and challenging but doable. You know your dreams and whether they may be achievable in your life, so be honest with yourself and set your goals accordingly.
- Make Connecting with God a Priority. We were created by God to be in an intimate, loving, and fulfilling relationship with Him. According to John 15:15, to live a Remarkable Life you must spend time connecting with God in the Bible!
- Slow Your Life Down. Develop the ritual of slowing your life down. Engage in an activity that intentionally causes you to slow down and wait to experience something. For me, it’s sipping tea.
- Know Where You are at the Moment. Be honest about where you are at the moment, where you’re going and what it will take to get you there.
- Write Down Your Goals. It is not enough to say, “I want to get 15 more new client customers per quarter.” You must write that concrete goal down in a place where it can be reviewed often. This way, you can visualize it and actualize it by creating the necessary steps that will help you reach that goal
We have been promised an abundant life, according to John 10:10. And let’s face it, the quest to live this Remarkable Life was not intended to be lived alone without a guide! However, sometimes we find ourselves getting off track and losing focus.Because I know what it is like to lose heart and focus, I’m committed to providing constant inspiration, resources, and support to empower you to live your life fully.
Now maybe you won’t make running a new goal in 2017, but it is important to make some goals! What type of #GoalDigger will you be? What prize do you want to obtain at the end of this year? The first goal is, to begin with the end in mind.
Make a commit to run the race of life with great aim this year! I challenge you to take 30 minutes today and plan for your life. Make the choice to choose you and set your goals for the new year. Identify four goals you want to tackle and make realities during the next 12 months. Commit yourself to those goals and track your progress until you reach the finish line. You can do this! I believe in you! Drop me a line or leave a comment below and share which tip you found helpful or a goal that you will set for yourself this upcoming year. Let’s get ready to make this year our best Remarkable year ever!