Hello Remarkable Woman!
What do you think it truly means to be grateful as Remarkable Women? Being thankful is something important the whole year because a woman of gratitude shows her true beauty 24-7 as she builds her best life with grace and ease.
There is a saying that goes, “It is not happy people who are thankful. It is thankful people who are happy.” Have you ever met someone who had a deep joy in their heart even when their life was difficult? These people choose to be grateful even when life is hard, and their gratitude illuminates their life like golden sunshine.
Living a life of gratitude is a continual choice. Sarah, followed her husband Abraham leaving a place of familiarity to a place of unfamiliarity as she trusted her husband and more importantly, God.
Hannah, in I Samuel 1, was barren and longed for a child. Although she poured her heart out to God in the midst of her tears we don’t get the sense that she complained about her situation.
These women had a lot of reasons to complain. Yet, what makes them so remarkably beautiful is their heart of gratitude towards God.
Psalm 103: 2 says, “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.”
So what can we learn from God’s Word and the lives of these Remarkable Women? God has filled our lives with benefits. He fills each day with beautiful moments. Even on our worst days, we can often look back and see His hand guiding us through.
I have always been attracted to beauty and yet at times somewhat afraid of it. Growing up, I was never told that I was beautiful. The absence of that affirmation negatively affected my attitude. I felt like I didn’t measure up to the standard. As a defense mechanism, I made it difficult for people to love me out of fear of rejection and abandonment.
Eventually, I felt that I couldn’t change the outside but I could change the inside. But, the most significant change is when Jesus came into my heart transformed my life and mindset. I am forever grateful! I now know the true source of remarkable beauty – gratitude. If you’ve been wondering how gratitude can benefit your life, here are five ways that thankfulness will show your true beauty:
- Gratitude makes you kinder. Kind people are beautiful people and it’s much easier to be kind when you’re filled with gratitude. When you’re too focused on all the bad things in your life, it is often difficult to take the time to help those around you. When you find joy in your own life, you will find that you have joy to share with others.
- Gratitude makes you less stressed. When you’re stressed you wear it on your face, in your countenance, and in your language. It’s hard not to notice a person who is stressed to the max. Choosing to be grateful relaxes many of life’s stressors. Instead of worrying about all the things that are not ideal, fill your mind with good thoughts according to 4:8-9. Focusing on good things will naturally reduce stress and create peace and calm in your life! Now, that’s a beautiful thing!
- Gratitude gives you energy. People who have energy are able to energize others. It’s contagious! When you face the day with positive feelings you will naturally have more energy. If you wake up in the morning dreading the day your energy will be low. You’ll want to hide under the covers afraid to fear the day. If you wake up with gratitude for your day, you’ll want to get up and see what a new day offers. After all, God can’t wait to reveal the new mercies He has in store for us each day.
- Gratitude makes you more gracious and forgiving. People can be disappointing or irritating at times. But a person who chooses to appreciate their relationships is a treasure. The truth is, we can all experience disappointment at times. But, the person who finds joy in their relationships instead of looking for offenses is a beautiful friend. Proverbs 19:11 says, “Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.”
- Gratitude gives you joy. Romans 12:12 says, “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.” A joyful person lights up the entire room. Their joy is contagious. Let’s choose to be grateful. And restfully watch hope increase our joy. The world.
As a Remarkable Woman become known for “bringing beauty into being” as you navigate around overwhelm and rise above burnout, from a grateful heart. Soon you will see how your good attitudes and gratitude will bring joy and peace to others in your spheres of influence. Live your life by design, not by default, with grace and ease from a place of gratitude. Let your true beauty unfold for others to see as you inspire them with the abundant life you live and challenge them to do the same.